Patrick34's rFactor forum
To enjoy my mods and help me to improve them,please Sign In or Register now.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

To enjoy my mods and help me to improve them,please Sign In or Register now.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help Creating Helmet

2 posters

Go down

Need Help Creating Helmet Empty Need Help Creating Helmet

Post  TheCatarlyst_ Thu 2 Jun - 10:36

Hi Who ever is reading this
I am a new user who has joined the forum with no previous experience of editing skins on rFactor and was wondering how to save and use a helmet because I have tried editing current helmets in the F1 2016 mod but when I save them the helmet just turns white

TheCatarlyst_
Karting Driver
Karting Driver

Back to top Go down

Need Help Creating Helmet Empty Re: Need Help Creating Helmet

Post  FranS11 Thu 2 Jun - 15:58

TheCatarlyst_ wrote:Hi Who ever is reading this
I am a new user who has joined the forum with no previous experience of editing skins on rFactor and was wondering how to save and use a helmet because I have tried editing current helmets in the F1 2016 mod but when I save them the helmet just turns white
Oh, hi! Welcome to the forums! cheers

Well, you can edit your helmets using Photoshop and for save it, you have to have this plugin:

Plugin .dds

And what is it? Well, basically it's the format of the helmets, skins, driver-suits, etc. So, with this plugin, the Photoshop and your imagination(for the skins lol), you could be able to "change" them! Smile

Regards! Very Happy
FranS11
FranS11
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  TheCatarlyst_ Fri 3 Jun - 0:41

FranS11 wrote:

Well, you can edit your helmets using Photoshop and for save it, you have to have this plugin:

And what is it? Well, basically it's the format of the helmets, skins, driver-suits, etc. So, with this plugin, the Photoshop and your imagination(for the skins lol), you could be able to "change" them! Smile

Regards! Very Happy

Thanks Man I forgot to mention I already have photoshop and the .dds plugin but when I try save the skins they don't save properly and leave me with a white helmet

TheCatarlyst_
Karting Driver
Karting Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  FranS11 Fri 3 Jun - 0:54

TheCatarlyst_ wrote:
FranS11 wrote:

Regards! Very Happy

Thanks Man I forgot to mention I already have photoshop and the .dds plugin but when I try save the skins they don't save properly and leave me with a white helmet
Oh, you have to "fuse" the layers:

Need Help Creating Helmet 1_zpsymrh72cm

And then you'll be able to "save it correctly":

Need Help Creating Helmet 2_zpsqvbdkkzd

Hope you can "understand" my explanation, regards! Smile
FranS11
FranS11
F1 Driver
F1 Driver

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content